Cover Letter The central problem of the unit is that River City had to find the most cost efficient combination of land that was given to the city for either recreation or development. The mathematical ideas that were tested within the unit consist of solving inequalities, figuring out matrices, and solving equations with more than two variables. The activities that helped me develop the key ideas for solving this unit consist of the following: Solving systems by substitution 2, helped me confirm my ability to solve equations with two variables. Lesson on December 3rd, I learned the first steps on how to create and use matrices. Solving with Matrices, helped me through problems that involved solving linear equations with matrices. Solving Systems of Equations with Matrices, confirmed my basic ability to solve equations with more than two variables. Problem of the Week #5 - Letter Codes, although I struggled on finding out the missing variables, I developed a better habit of finding out variables without any numbers to reference on. Solving the Unit Problem, after multiple worksheets and lessons I finally found out how to solve an equation with six variables. Personal Growth I feel I have developed more than the last portfolio report mostly since the introduction of new material that I have not seen before. My experience with the Year 2 unit “Cookies” helped me figure out how to arrange multiple variables within a problem to solve. The new mathematical topic that I learned that helped me out were matrices. Geometry was addressed in this unit through creating lines and planes on three-dimensional graphs. My strategy to solving systems of equations involve the routine of putting it into a matrix and using inverse operations to reveal the solution. Hopefully, I will learn more about matrices as they are looking to be a primary candidate for me to solve equations with.